Loyalty Lifts Off With Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus Partnership
Starting July 15, “RewardsPlus” offers Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members MileagePlus Premier Silver status, featuring some of United’s most popular Premier perks, and gives United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. Status offerings will be effective until Jan. 31, 2014.
RewardsPlus will soon include other features as well. Beginning in August, Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus members will receive added value when transferring points into miles and will get additional miles for travel packages. Also, for the first time, MileagePlus Premier members will be able to convert their miles into Marriott Rewards points.
“We share United’s belief that a high level of customer service and recognition are among the most important elements of our members’ travel,” says Ed French, senior vice president, Marriott Rewards. “We are bringing together the world’s leading hotel and airline loyalty programs to enhance the customer experience from beginning to end.”
“United and Marriott are advancing our partnership to provide unmatched recognition and benefits for our mutual customers,” says Tom O’Toole, United’s senior vice president of marketing and loyalty and president of MileagePlus. “The combination of United’s global network, Marriott’s brand scale and our top-rated loyalty programs enables our best customers to enjoy a heightened level of service wherever they travel.”
For United’s Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold MileagePlus members, Marriott will offer Gold Elite status*, including:
- Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
- Room upgrades, based on availability
- Complimentary high-speed internet access at more than 3,700 hotels globally
- 25 percent point bonus on all Marriott stays
- Priority late check-out
- Gold Elite customized offers and awards
- One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive
For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United will offer Premier Silver status, including:
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus seating at check-in, when available
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades on domestic flights, when available
- Premier Access travel services, which include designated ticket counter check-in lines, priority security lines and priority boarding and baggage handling
- One complimentary standard checked bag
- 25 percent Premier bonus award miles on United flights
In addition, beginning in August, all MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards members will receive 20 percent more value when converting Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles and a 10 percent bonus for MileagePlus miles on Marriott Rewards travel packages.